RDXA MAIL LIST GUIDELINES (Updated 04/01/2013)
The primary purpose of this list is to provide a forum for the club’s objectives which are promoting and nurturing friendship among members.
If a post does not contribute to one or both of these objectives, then it is most likely inappropriate. Under no circumstances can your post be political, contain any direct attacks or snide comments directed at any list or club member, or contain any profanity.
1. You must be a member and be subscribed to the RDXA list to post to it. Any postings sent to rdxa at rdxa.com from addresses different from the ones it shows as subscribers will be rejected. Any club member in good standing can be a subscriber and post from a single or multiple e-mail addresses.
Go to http://mail.nyqp.org/mailman/listinfo/rdxa_rdxa.com to subscribe and to change your list preferences. To unsubscribe or to change your list preferences (digest, no mail on/off etc.), click Edit Membership near the top of the page.
2. At present, the list supports attachments.
3. E-Mail Overload:
If you are overloaded by the volume of individual messages on the list, You can opt out of receiving individual messages and view the archive at:
http://mail.nyqp.org/mailman/listinfo/rdxa_rdxa.com The archive updates frequently. Just click on the ones you are interested in. You can also set your RDXA list email preferences to receive batch digests. Either of these options still allows you to post to the list.
To change your email list options or to subscribe / unsubscribe, go to:
Click on Edit Membership and select your preferred options.
4. RDXA does not overly restrict the subject matter on this list, please remember that its primary focus is on the club and operation in general. Other ham radio topics are OK, but please keep the posts on unrelated topics under control.
5. *** IMPORTANT – PLEASE KEEP ALL POSTINGS CORDIAL ***
Restrain the urge to email someone admonishing them about a posting. The last thing we want to do is to scare anyone off the list. Overly aggressive postings and negative comments about other posters only serve to diminish the value we all get from the club. If you have a complaint about someone or a thread please email it directly to the moderator at k2db at k2db.com
Enthusiastic differences of opinion are fine, but please keep everything cordial. Members who verbally attack another via the list will be moderated or removed from the list.
6. Commercial postings are discouraged unless they clearly contribute to the club’s mission of promoting friendship among members. Please keep them as short as possible and provide web links to more detailed information. The moderator will step in if someone is abusing this privilege.
7. Personal attacks, flames, or strongly worded derogatory messages will not be tolerated. Please do not criticize postings by others.
8. And above all, HAVE FUN! We hope that this list is both a good resource and serves as an RDXA community gathering place.